Building record TQ 86 NW 1219 - Former Royal Cinema, 82-84 High Street, Rainham

Summary

The building is visible on the 1st (1862-1875), 2nd (1897-1900), 3rd (1907-1923), 4th (1929-1952) ed. OS and modern maps. Originally built as a Salvation Army hall it the building became the Royal Cinema in 1920. It was closed in 1966 and is now part of a shop.

Location

Grid reference TQ 8163 6591 (point)
Map sheet TQ86NW
County KENT
Unitary Authority MEDWAY

Map

Type and Period (1)

Full Description

The building is visible on the 1st (1862-1875), 2nd (1897-1900), 3rd (1907-1923), 4th (1929-1952) ed. OS and modern maps. Originally built as a Salvation Army hall it the building became the Royal Cinema in 1920. It was closed in 1966 and is now part of a shop.


<1> Kent County Council, 1987-, Kent County Council: holding record (Miscellaneous Material). SKE59004.

Sources/Archives (1)

  • <1> Miscellaneous Material: Kent County Council. 1987-. Kent County Council: holding record.

Finds (0)

Protected Status/Designation

  • None recorded

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Events/Activities (0)

Record last edited

May 8 2026 11:12AM