It should not be assumed that this site is publicly accessible and it may be on private property. Do not trespass.
Building record TR 15 MW 1868 - Blue plaque to the Beaney Institute, Guildhall street, Canterbury
Summary
Blue plaque to the Beaney Institute, GuIldhall street, Canterbury to The Philosophical and Literary Institution opened here in 1825. In 1899 its museum moved to the Beaney Institute in the High Street
Location
| Grid reference | TR 1492 5789 (point) |
|---|---|
| Map sheet | TR15NW |
| County | KENT |
| District | CANTERBURY, KENT |
| Civil Parish | CANTERBURY, CANTERBURY, KENT |
Map
Type and Period (1)
Full Description
Blue plaque to the Beaney Institute, GuIldhall street, Canterbury to The Philosophical and Literary Institution opened here in 1825. In 1899 its museum moved to the Beaney Institute in the High Street
'The Philosophical and Literary Institution opened here in 1825. In 1899 its museum moved to the Beaney Institute in the High Street'
Kent County Council, 1987-, Kent County Council: holding record (Miscellaneous Material). SKE59004.
Sources/Archives (1)
- --- SKE59004 Miscellaneous Material: Kent County Council. 1987-. Kent County Council: holding record.
Finds (0)
Protected Status/Designation
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Aug 14 2026 9:52AM